Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

The Forgotten GardenThe Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this one up on a whim when my Nook was charging and I wanted something to read. I had heard a lot of good things about it and was intrigued at what all the fuss was about. Well, now I know. Kate Morton knows how to tell a great story, how to unfold a story in a way that keeps you racing through the book and how to keep you guessing! I really enjoyed every moment of reading this novel.

This novel contains so much that its difficult to characterize - it's a mystery, a family saga, a fairy tale and a story of betrayal. Although not a 'deep' book, it is a fun, entertaining novel that engaged me and kept me interested until the last page. This novel was enchanting and I completely understand why so many have enjoyed it.

This novel is a well executed fairy tale and Morton has weaved the concept of fairy tales and storytelling into the narrative so effortlessly. Through the interweaving of three women in different time periods, the author tells a great story that contains all of the characteristics of a traditional fairy tale. All in all, this novel is simply fantastic storytelling!

If you're looking for a delightful novel that is more light than heave, I would definitely recommend this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment