Friday, July 15, 2011

Review: Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love this series but I only liked this particular book of the series. It was good, very readable. I was intrigued by the story but I wasn't as taken with it as I usually am with this series. I think the primary reason that I didn't love this one was that I wasn't particularly taken by the relationship between Manny and Payne. It was ok, but not nearly as breathtaking as some of the other couples. In fact, I wasn't that interested in Payne. I didn't find her compelling or particularly interesting. Again, she was okay. Just okay.

I love the Qhuinn and Blay storyline and look forward to seeing where J.R. Ward plans to take that in future books. She was obviously setting up a lot of things for the two of them in this book and I can't wait to see where that will go.

I also love Viscous and Jane so their having a large presence in this book was a good thing. I find their relationship interesting and complicated and compelling. They helped to heat things up when the Manny/Payne storyline withered out.

Overall, a solid book. But, definitely not one of the best of the series. Looking forward to the 10th in the series ... hoping it will take things to the next level!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment