Monday, June 6, 2011

Two Short Reviews

BossypantsBossypants by Tina Fey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I rarely find that comedy translates well in writing. I rarely find myself truly laughing at something I'm reading. I just think comedy is better when its happening live, in front of you. I keep trying books that friends tell me will crack me up, only to find myself disappointed over and over. Apparently, Tina Fey is the exception to all of this (at least for me). She's just funny ... funny pours out of her and into the pages of this book. There were several places where I laughed out loud! She's fantastic in Bossypants & if you like her, you'll enjoy this book.




Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really love this series but I think its beginning to be time for Sookie & friends to be put out of their misery. I enjoy reading the Sookie Stackhouse books but they aren't nearly as good now as they were in the earlier books. Which isn't to say that I won't keep reading ... I probably will because I love the characters and the world. I just think it may be time for Charlaine Harris to think about venturing out of Sookie-land and into something new. Or to really think about how she can steer Sookie and friends back to where they need to be. At this point, there is an element of 'dialing it in' to her writing. It's still entertaining but it could be so much better. As always, I sped through this one in 24 hours ... they are always light, quick reads for me. I'm rating this one 4 stars, for what it was - a light, enjoyable read. It's not great literature but it was DEFINITELY entertaining!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment