Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand

Seabiscuit: An American Legend 










Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've had this on my TBR for ages but never got to it but I'm so glad that I finally did! First - I should note that I have absolutely NO INTEREST in horses or horse racing. In fact, I would say that the idea of a book about horses and horse racing makes me want to roll my eyes out of boredom. And then came along Laura Hillenbrand!!!


It is her writing that really makes this book special - That makes it about more than a horse or a race or a sport. She makes the people and places come alive on each page. She made me CARE about what I was certain that I would never care about! She kept me turning the page late into the night when I really should have gone to sleep.


I definitely recommend this book to anyone that enjoys good, solid writing and wants to be swept away by a fantastic story!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment