Sunday, April 2, 2017

Review: Perfect Little World by Kevin Wilson

Perfect Little WorldPerfect Little World by Kevin Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved his first novel and I think Kevin Wilson has done it again! This was such a fun and interesting read. This novel explores the meaning of family in a really interesting way by placing a group of people and their children into a communal parenting experiment. I found it fascinating to see how different people reacted to this planned ‘utopia’ and how the entire experiment was set up. I love how imaginative Wilson was in pulling this story together. The characters were really interesting and I enjoyed how they played together and against each other within the context of the story and the experiment. I love how Wilson is able to think outside the box and explore things close to us (family, parenting, etc) in a unique and interesting way. I felt it moved at a great pace – not too fast and not too slow! All in all, the themes weren’t particularly new – but they were explored in a new way. If you’re interested in exploring the concept of family and how biology isn’t always enough, this might be right up your alley. I really liked it and can’t wait to see what Kevin Wilson will bring us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment