Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review: The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

The Winter Sea (Slains, #1)The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a wonderful surprise this book was for me! I heard somewhere that this would be good to read if you enjoyed Outlander so i thought I'd give it a shot. Although it's no Outlander, it is a really nice historical fiction novel about the same time frame in Scotland. I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one.

Really great characters, an engaging cast of characters, great pacing and a really solid story! This is on the lighter end of historical fiction - there isn't a lot of density to the read, very engaging and easy to read.

I definitely recommend this to those who enjoy historical fiction, especially in 16th century Scotland. It's a great little book that I really enjoyed. I'm interested in reading more of Susanna Kearsley's books since this one was such a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment