Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Wolrld War Z by Max Brooks

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie WarWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I am really struggling with rating this book ... I waffled between a 2 or 3 star rating. This is one of those books that started off GREAT for me but then just lost steam somewhere along the way. By the end, I was just wishing it would hurry up and end. I no longer cared about the Zombie War or the aftermath. I just wanted to move on to the next book.

In the beginning, I loved how the book was set up - as if it were a series of non-fiction telling of experiences from a wide variety of people in a wide variety of places. Very cool and smart concept. But, over time, that concept plays itself out and I began to not care any more. The set up became boring, lengthy and inane for me. I ended up speed reading through the last section of the book because I just couldn't care enough to read it more carefully.

I'm not really sure what it was that I didn't connect with in this novel but it just doesn't seem like a good fit for me. This is another that I wanted to love but didn't. However, I will say that I can understand why so many DO love it ... It has a strong non-fiction vibe so perhaps a fan of non-fiction might enjoy it more than I did?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment