Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight

Reconstructing AmeliaReconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book despite some flaws. It's not a perfect book but it is definitely very readable and interesting. The premise was compelling and the book was structured rather well. I the writing to be quite good. The pacing and plotting is excellent. It was a book that I didn't want to put down, that I wanted to stay up late reading! That is always a good sign!

There were some things that I didn't love but they were easy to overlook since reading it was so effortless. Some of the story itself was pretty predictable but I still enjoyed the story overall. I found it to be a pretty interesting story with some nice twists and turns. The primary thing that bothered me was how involved the local police allowed the mother to be in the investigation - that didn't feel realistic to me. But, otherwise, I really enjoyed this one.

It's certainly a YA novel but I think it's a book that adults will enjoy as much as young adults. Rumor has it that this is being made into a movie and Nicole Kidman is in talks to play the mother. I'll be interested in seeing if that is the case. I think this could make a really compelling movie! This is one that I definitely recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment