Saturday, August 4, 2012

Review: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is going to be an extremely vague review because this is one of those books that can be ruined by saying too much. Ultimately - this is one of those books you just have to read to 'get' why it can be ruined so easily.

This is one of those books that has stuck with me for months after reading it. Reading this book is truly an adventure - it takes you places you never imagined it would go and then back again. The twists and turns in the plot are truly fantastic. Just when you think you know one thing, Gillian Flynn throws something new at you!

This is a dark and twisty book that has a lot to say about a variety of things - but most specifically, marriage. This exploration of Amy and Nick's marriage just blew me away. Dysfunctional relationships and flawed characters abound in this novel.

This novel has gotten quite a bit of buzz and, in my opinion, that buzz is accurate! This is definitely a buzz worthy one! It's well worth reading. It's not like any other book I can recall ever reading. You won't be disappointed if you like to be taken on an adventure! This book has a bit of it all - I think its safe to say its mystery, suspense, THRILLER and literary fiction all rolled into one! Almost everyone that I know who read this one, loved it. So, I can definitely recommend it! Probably one of my 2012 favorites! I liked it so much that I might go back and read it again!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment