Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the second in a trilogy and has been written as a bridge to the final book. This may be why I didn't enjoy it as much as the first in the series. I liked this one but it didn't quite make it to the level of liked it a lot or loved it.

I think the plot was fine - nothing earth shattering but a good solid story. I do think the pacing felt off to me - it felt slower than Shiver. There were moments where I just wanted the pacing to pick up and just GET ON WITH IT. I'm hoping that the pacing issue is a result of this being book 2 of 3.

In terms of the characters, I really like the addition of Cole to the mix. I was already a fan of Isabel and that was only reinforced with this book. In some ways, I find her more compelling than Grace and Sam. However, I liked having the four perspectives in this book rather than the two in Shiver. That felt right to me.

I think that Stiefvater's writing is stellar - she has such a way with words! Her writing is lyrical and enchanting.

Although not nearly as exciting or compelling as Shiver, I do think this is a solid second book in a trilogy. I'm still interested in reading the last book in the trilogy as I want to see the trilogy through. However, I'm not chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. I just know that I'll get to it eventually.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment