Sunday, May 8, 2011

Review: The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

The Midwife's ConfessionThe Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In true Diane Chamberlain style, this book was full of twist and turns, compelling me to read and read and read. Just when I'd think I figured it all out, she'd throw out another twist and make me rethink it all. I don't think its the most unique story that I've ever encountered but Diane Chamberlain did amazing things with it! She has a way of capturing the relationships and emotions of her characters in a way that makes you feel a part of the very world she's creating for you.

In this book, her illustration of the mother-daughter relationship and the bond of friendship was really well done. Certain aspects of the plot really made an impact for me and I found myself getting quite emotional. Diane Chamberlain knows how to pack her novels with an emotional punch that just hits you in the gut and doesn't let go until the end! This novel has a bit of it all - love, betrayal, friendship, grief, secrets, and redemption.

This novel is well written, has excellent characters and really keeps the reader engaged! I love the choice that Diane Chamberlain made to develop the story through the multiple perspectives of narrators. I thought it gave the plot more punch and moved the story along so successfully! This is a book that I definitely recommend if you like a fast moving story that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

NOTE: I received the galley proof of this novel from the publisher for review consideration.

View all my reviews

1 comment: