Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: My Reading Life by Pat Conroy

My Reading Life 










My Reading Life by Pat Conroy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I should preface my review by saying that Pat Conroy is one of my all-time favorite authors. From the moment that I read his novel Beach Music, I was in love. That particular novel is probably my favorite of all time, closely competing with Little Women. I think he's fantastic, I love his writing style, his way with words. He's one of those writers that I just adore and spend the years between books wishing for a new one!


So .... when I heard that Pat Conroy was releasing a book about books and reading, I was over the moon! Two of my favorite things in one package! And he did not disappoint with this collection of essays! I didn't learn a lot about Conroy that I didn't already know because of my pretty obsessive love of him and his novels BUT I loved getting to read, in his words, why books and reading are such an integral part of who he is ... I could relate to quite a bit of it.


I found that this book really reminded me of what I love about books and reading. It re-inspired me and helped me to remember exactly what it is that I love about story. But, best of all, it also confirmed for me why I love Pat Conroy and his stories. His commitment to story and to the power of the novel really comes through in his writing and its what attracts me to his work.

I really recommend this book if you're a fan of Pat Conroy and/or a fan of books and reading. It's a really good collection that will appeal to a variety of readers!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment