Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Evil At Heart by Chelsea Cain

Evil at Heart (Gretchen Lowell, #3)Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I really liked the first two books in this series ... they were solid 4 star books for me. This one, however, was not quite as good as the first two in the series. Something about it felt off and maybe even recycled somehow. It feels as if there is a formula to this series and this one just went back and did what was done before with a few details changed. I didn't find the Archie/Gretchen pieces nearly as compelling as they were in the first two books. The sub plot around the media and public fascination with serial killers was much more compelling for me. I wish that has been expanded upon even more in the novel. Susan is really becoming one of my favorite characters in the series ... I hope that there are plans to further expand on her in future books. She's fascinating to me!


This one is as gory and disturbing as the entire series has been! It's not for the faint of heart. There were numerous times that I cringed as something was described. I read this one via audiobook as I have for the entire series. I think the narrator is incredible and I enjoy this type of book via audiobook!


If you liked the first two books in the series, you will probably like this one. But, I warn you, this one felt more gory to me than the first two books. It's definitely NOT a book for everyone!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment