Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Review: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely FineEleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I struggled a bit with this review ... although I loved the book as a whole, I didn't find the journey nearly as satisfying as it could be. Eleanor, as a character, is fantastic - her journey in the novel is what really makes it special. She's unique and interesting - a puzzle in many ways. As her story unfolds, you begin to put the pieces together and better understand the unique aspects of her personality and her experience of the world. For me, the story really felt like it was really well done and yet it felt, at times, that it was moving at a glacial pace. It felt like it took forever for the story to move along. Once it did, I loved where it went. But, in the middle, it was a struggle to get there. In the end, I loved it. But, it wasn't a smooth ride for me. But, all in all, I highly recommend it. Eleanor is an unforgettable character, one that we can all learn from. This really is one of those books that gives the reader something special. It's definitely worth the read! There is a reason that this book is showing up on so many people's favorite books of the year lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment