Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones

Silver SparrowSilver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this novel. This was definitely a compelling read. It grabbed me from page one and didn't let go for the entire book. The themes of deception and identity were explored well, from several different perspectives which I thought was very effective! The changing points of view was an outstanding way to allow the reader to get 'both sides of the story.' This story is another reminder of how dishonesty can fracture people and relationships so easily! Tayari Jones is quite a good writer but I loved this one more for the story itself and how it made me think about the world. Definitely a book that I recommend!

View all my reviews

** NOTE: Sorry for the small review this time, I've been really sick for the last month so I'm just not up to a long review this time! I'll aim to do better next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment