Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review: Pale Demon by Kim Harrison

Pale Demon (The Hollows #9)Pale Demon by Kim Harrison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I should say up front that I'm a big fan of Kim Harrison's Hollows series ... it contains a fantastic cast of characters, a unique storyline, good writing and its just plain FUN to read. This particular novel (the 9th in the series) was all of those things and more! This is a really good addition to the series!

The book is action packed in the way that most of the books in the series are but the action in this one seemed to really stand out to me. Perhaps it was the uniqueness of the situations that the characters get into (and out of)! This book really focuses on Rachel's journey to accepting herself for who (and what) she is. One of my issues with recent books was how Rachel seemed to be stuck in some ways, not moving forward at all, just hanging in there but never growing. This book entailed the growth that I've been waiting for ... and it was definitely worth the wait!

I cannot wait to see what's to come for Rachel, Ivy, Jenks and Trent ... a lot of new avenues were opened in this novel and I'm sure we'll get to see things move forward even more in Book 10! I cannot wait!

If you love the series, don't miss this one! And if you're looking for a good paranormal series with a strong female lead and excellent characters, you should definitely check this series out!

NOTE: I received the galley proof of this title from Harper Collins for review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment