Friday, March 19, 2010

Review: Cleopatra's Daugher by Michelle Moran


Cleopatra's Daugher by Michelle Moran
My review: 4 stars


I really enjoyed this book. I knew very little about that time in history or Egypt/Rome. I was sucked into the story almost immediately and loved reading more about that time in history and the people of that time. I really enjoyed the character of Selene - she was a fascinating woman of her time. I really thought Moran did an excellent job with both character development and creating a sense of place with her writing. At times, I felt as if I was there in the middle of everything. I also enjoyed the way Moran made history come alive through her story. It was an excellent example of accessible historical fiction, in my opinion. I really enjoyed this one and plan to seek out more of Michelle Moran's fiction!

1 comment:

  1. I know very little about Egyptian history but this author's books sounds great!

    ReplyDelete