Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: Bride for Keeps by Nicole Helm

books-reading-reviewBride for Keeps by Nicole Helm
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to love this book but I feel like perhaps the description sold me one book and then I found myself reading a different book. I didn’t hate it by any means but I just didn’t find it to be compelling. The characters just never moved me. I didn’t buy their actions much of the time. They did things that didn’t make sense to me. And I wouldn’t really call this a romance … it’s more of a dissection of a relationship. Yes, there are moments of romance but I don’t think this is what we’d normally refer to as a romance. It is very emotional and what not but I ultimately didn’t buy Carter and Sienna as a couple which is why I’m rating it 2 stars. It’s not a bad book, it just didn’t work for me. Perhaps my opinion would have been different if I’d been expecting a non-romance? I’m not sure.

NOTE: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment